Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chapters


Why did I pick the book The Second World - How Emerging Powers are Redefining Global Competition in the Twenty-first Century by Parag Khanna?

In the world I live in today, it's very difficult to see the big picture of the World. It seems like from high school when I studied history and the economy, many things have changed. I was taught that there is one global power, the United States. I guess I just wanted to see how things are changing. Hopefully, reading this book can open my eyes to the global affairs which I have been missing. Like sleeping beauty, I have been sleeping too long and hopefully, reading this book will be the kiss that wakes me from my oblivious journey to a journey of global knowledge and current affairs.
Most of the information in this blog for The Second World will be from this source:
Khanna, Parag. The Second World. New York: Random House, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment